There are several factors that determine the cost of installing a septic system, including:
- The type of septic system required and/or wanted (Conventional Septic, AWTS or Septic Tank with Sand Filter)
- The size of the irrigation system / dispersal field (this will depend on your water usage and number of bedrooms in your home)
- The materials (concrete vs. plastic/poly tanks)
- How easy it is to access to your land / the installation area
- The cost of your local council permits and approvals
All quoted prices below exclude the removal of excess soil, electrical works and sewer connections, however, SSA can undertake all of these items upon request.
Cost of a septic tank
The cost to supply and install a Conventional Septic Tank and absorption trenches for an average 4 bedroom home (within 100 kms from SSA's headquarters) ranges between $11,000 and $13,000.
Ongoing costs for a septic tank includes desludging every 3-5 years.
Cost of a wastewater treatment system
The cost to supply and install an aerated wastewater treatment system (AWTS) for an average 4 bedroom home (within 100 kms from SSA's headquarters), ranges between $16,000 to $18,000.
A wastewater treatment system will require quarterly servicing and desludging every 3-5 years.
Cost of a septic tank with sand filter
The supply and installation of a Septic Tank with Sand Filter for an average 4 bedroom home (within 100 kms from SSA's headquarters) ranges between $17,000 and $22,000.
Sand Filters require desludging every 3-5 years and will need an annual service if it pumps to subsurface irrigation.
Got questions? We've got answers.
We tailor wastewater solutions to your needs, budget and land. Talk to us about septic system costs in your area.